Monday, October 17, 2011

Dwight Howard Dropping Hints About Leaving Orlando.





Dwight Howard did an interview recently with Scott Raab of Esquire where he talked about his future with the Orlando Magic.



SR: Do you think that the drive to represent, on an iconic level, will
be a factor in your free agency? Do you see yourself in a much larger
market?





DH: There's more you can do in a bigger place. I'm stuck in a tough
position because I feel like right now, where I'm at, I've done so much.
And I just don't know what else I can do. I can't live for everybody
else. I don't know what decision I'm gonna make as of right now. It's
been crazy. Everybody wants me to come here, come play here, come to our
team, do this. It's a great feeling, though, to be wanted.







SR: You're gone. I can feel it.




DH: The toughest part for me is the city - the people. They've got
burgers named after me in Orlando, they've got a Web site saying,
"Please stay." I love the people in the city. I've literally sat on the
bench with a towel on my head crying, because I feel the passion in the
stands. I just think about what's going to be best for what I want to
accomplish in my life. And I don't want that door to close on me,
wherever that door is. I don't want it to close.




Dwight obviously believes he will be gone as soon as his contract ends.  The smart thing for the Magic to do would be trade him now while they still can.  Get some good value for him before he just up a leaves your city in the dust.  I wouldn't mind having him around the Bulls locker room.