Thursday, October 13, 2011

Could David Ortiz Be a Yankee?



ESPN - "There's too much drama, man," Ortiz told Dominguez in reference to
the Red Sox. "There's too much drama. I have been thinking about a lot
of things. I don't know if I want to be part of this drama for next
year."




But would Ortiz really consider defecting to the other side of baseball's biggest rivalry?



"That's
something I gotta think about," Ortiz said. "I've been here on the Red
Sox a long time, and I've seen how everything goes down between these
two ballclubs."






Ortiz stopped well short of saying he wanted to play for the Yankees, but did express respect for the organization.



"It's
great from what I hear," Ortiz said of the Yankees. "It's a good
situation to be involved in. Who doesn't want to be involved in a great
situation where everything goes the right way?




"They lost just
like we did, they just went to the first round of the playoffs. I ain't
heard nobody coming out killing everybody just because they lost."




Although I doubt David Ortiz would ever sign with the Yankees it sure is great to think about.  I'm not a Yankee or Boston fan but would love to see the drama that would come out of this.  Like these two clubs can't find anything else to fight about.  The is obviously the biggest rivalry in baseball and would be fueled ten fold if arguably the biggest name in Boston made his way to the Yankees.  The Yankees would probably throw the aging Ortiz big bucks just to get into Bostons heads.  We shall see how this plays out.