Monday, October 10, 2011

Chael Sonnen Challenges Anderson Silva, Says He Will Leave UFC if he Loses







Sonnen dominated his opponent Briann Stann at UFC 136 this past Saturday.  Sonnen is a notorious trash talker in the UFC and he didn't let the fans down this time either.  In the post fight talk with the announcer he said "Anderson Silva, you absolutely suck," as Silva sat in the front row. (Don't think Silva can speak English, but I'm sure someone told him what was said)  Sonnen went on to say "Super Bowl weekend, the biggest rematch in the history of the business.
I'm calling you out Silva, but we're upping the stakes. I beat you, you
leave the division. You beat me, I will leave the UFC forever." This quickly reminded me of a WWE match that Vince McMahon would set up, but this is for real.  Nothing like this has ever been done in the UFC or any other professional sport that I can think of.



White was later asked if he might use the Silva vs. Sonnen rivalry to fuel
the next season of The Ultimate Fighter, but the president said he wants these two in the octagon as soon as possible.  I would have to agree with Dana.  I want to see this fight asap.  The first fight was dominated by Sonnen, but he ended up getting caught in a late round submission to give Silva the win.  Sonnen will have to improve his stand up and submission defense to secure his future in the UFC.