Thursday, December 15, 2011

Was the Ndamukong Suh Foot Stomp a Result of Getting His Shoes Untied All Game?



Packers defensive lineman Matt Brock did an interview with KXTG 750-AM in Portland, Oregon recently and had some interesting things to say about the Ndamukong Suh foot stomping incident.  He blamed it on the one of the Packers lineman untying his shoe multiple times during the game to get under his skin.  Apparently offensive lineman coach James Campen told him to do it to get an advantage.



Here's a transcript of the interview via mlive.


First of the all, you know the experience of the Green Bay
offensive line right now? It's like next to nothing. They have so many
injuries. They've got guys with one, two, three, four, and maybe 14
starts under their belts playing right now. The only reason they're
winning is because Aaron Rodgers is a stud.


So
my friend, James - man, I probably shouldn't say his name, he told me
not to tell this, and I was like, "Whatever," - he's the offensive line
coach. The center, or one of his guards, he's had like one or two starts
in his career and he's got to play against Suh. So he's pretty
puckered, right? So, he talking to James, the offensive line coach,
going, "What do I do? What do I do?"


James is
just in his mind going, "This guy is going to get killed. I got to take
his mind off it, give him something else to do." So he says, "Ok, every
time you're in a pile, I want you to focus on something. I want you to
untie his shoes."


He goes, "What?"


"Anytime you can, just reach in, he's got floppy shoe laces, he doesn't spat or anything, just untie his shoes. It will irritate him.


He untied his shoes three times in the game. That's why he stomped
him. That's why he banged his head on the ground and he stomped him.
When (Suh) went to the sideline it looked like he was telling the coach,
"I didn't do anything" and he put his foot up like, "I didn't stomp
him. I didn't do anything." He was actually going, "The damn guy keeps
untying my shoes."

 Nobody really knows if this is true or not, but what reason would he have to lie?  Pretty smart move on offensive line coach James Campens part.  You've got a young lineman with no way to physically stop Suh, so why not beat him mentally right?  I mean it's part of the game, and I'm sure nobody would argue with the outcome.  Check out the video of the foot stomp below and let me know what you think.  Kinda looks like he might have been going for the shoe lace if Suh hadn't stopped his arm with the stomp.  I'm sticking with the story that Suh just wanted to go home early and enjoy a Thanksgiving feast.








Like this post? Check out our Home Page for more stories and follow us on Twitter